Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Assassin and the Pirate Lord Review

The e-book The Assassin and the Pirate Lord is a prequel Throne of Glass. It gives you some backaround knowlage about Celaena and her friend Sam. During this book Celaena builds a relationship with Sam, another assassin. They start out as not the best of people to be around, but throught the events of the book they become closer to one another. This is an extreamly good example of how charicters evolve throught a book. The book itself didnt live up to Throne of Glass, but it is still a good read.

This an artical that gives a short overview of each Throne of Glass prequel: http://sarahjmaas.com/books/throne-of-glass-novellas/

6 comments:

  1. I like how you talked about the book and game good information about it. I also like how you put an article at the bottom for more information. Why didn't you think "The Assassin and the Private Lord," was as good as "Throne of Glass." What do you think the author could have done to improve the book? Also, are there more books to the sequel or just two? If there are just two, would you want there to be a third?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds very interesting and by the look of the cover very creative. It looks like more of a serious book and not the sarcastic comedic kind of book. I love how you described this book it makes me want to flip open the front page and just start reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series of books sounds quite interesting. When you described Celena's training, it made me think of the Hunger Games series. By reading this summary, I think that these books are sci-fi. I generally do not read much sci-fi but I am defiantly willing to try these books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way that the character has developed over the course of the book and it sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which book do you like better, this one or the prequel?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds interesting with the assassins. What kind of relationship do these 2 characters build together?

    ReplyDelete